Metal roofs have been a standard feature on barns and sheds for years. However, its popularity is growing each year. In particular, metal roofing is becoming more and more popular with commercial roofing and retail properties due to it being extremely light, weighing between one quarter and one half as much as other roofing materials. It’s also an excellent option in cooler climates that receive snowfall, due its inherent ability to allow snow to slide to the ground rather than building up on the roof.
Advantages of metal roofing:
- Fire Resistant: Metal roofing options are particularly resistant to fire when combined with a code-compliant underlayment
- Attractive Options: Metal roofing offers many attractive options including steel, aluminum, copper, zinc and even copper (although copper is one of the most expensive options you can select). It also comes in all sorts of looks, including metal shingle/slate, metal tiles, metal shakes, metal vertical panels and more.
- Resistant to Moss: Metal roofing materials are particularly useful in forested or moss prone areas that receive high precipitation.
- Tough: Metal roofs are extremely resistant to high winds (a common problem in the southwest), as well as to hail and snow buildup. The metal also sheds rain well.
- Long Life: Metal roofs have an extremely long life span — often as long as 50 years when properly installed.
- Environmentally Friendly: In some cases metal roofing materials can be recycled.
Metal roofs are virtually maintenance free:
Metal roofing is just about maintenance-free. All you have to do is occasionally hose it down from the ground. However, if the roof is damaged due to wind or storm, it should be repaired by professional roofers immediately to prevent water leaks or other damage.
- 15 years of commercial and residential experience
- Impeccable customer service
- A track record of safety and professionalism
- Trusted by well-established commercial clients
- Offices in both Arizona and California
- We go Above and Beyond, every time